Thank goodness I finally finished my Berruti Hat! Now this weather can finally stop being so cold!
The Pattern: This pattern was from my Knitting Day to Day 2013 Calendar from early March. It only took me so long because I’ve been pretty swamped with school. I don’t mind though, because the weather is still hat friendly! I used size 8 double pointed needles and made the child size because I’m such a loose knitter. It still turned out a tad too big for me, but in a nice slouchy way. The pattern was very easy to follow and makes such a nice design. I followed it to the letter and I wouldn’t change a thing (except maybe buy some size seven needles or even smaller ones to get the correct gauge). I think having a tighter gauge would help the pattern stand out better, but I’m not sure. I wore it yesterday and received a few compliments. Hooray!
The Yarn: I used Red Heart Super Saver in Turquoise. I had nearly the whole skein leftover from Lulu’s Dutch Outfit and I barely used any in making this hat. Still lots left!
What’s next for me: Goodbye, winter projects! I’ve already started my Daffodil Bag. I’m really excited to get this done before May so I can show it off in the nice spring weather. Since I’ve just started spring break, I anticipate working on it a lot. I’ve made a few squares and it seems like quite a quick and easy pattern. Then I have to make Lulu’s Tokyo Outfit (also from the March/April 2013 issue of Crochet Today!), but that will go quick quick quick!
I just finished my first pair of Crochet Socks! I’m so pleased! I’m wearing them today under the safety of my rainboots.
The Pattern: The pattern is titled Simple Simon and its from the book More Crocheted Socks, which I was gifted two Christmases ago. I just never got around to making anything from it! I followed the pattern to the tee, and the socks came out great. I made the small size since my gauge was a bit big and they fit very well. The only thing I don’t like about them are the cuffs. They are pretty loose and not very attractive. Also, since I made the socks over a pretty big span of time, the first and second socks aren’t exactly the same size. I did exactly the same number of rows, but my gauge must have changed because the second sock is a bit looser. It’s not the end of the world since they both fit great.
The Yarn: The yarn is Patons Super Stretch in Fruit Slices. I got that one this past Christmas and it finally allowed me to make some crocheted socks! Thanks, Santa! The stretch is really nice and it’s a pretty fun yarn to work with, but I’m not sure how much I like the coloring. The colors themselves are pretty neat, but the random blue stripes looks like denim and pop up in random places. I think I’d do away with those, if it were up to me.
What’s next for me: I’ve just cast on my Berruti Hat in a super fun turquoise. It’s a pattern this week in my Day to Day Knitting Calendar and I just can’t pass up on the opportunity to make a hat! After that, I’ve got the get started on the March/April 2013 issue of Crochet Today! I already got the next issue! I don’t want to drag behind!